MOCS FINAL STEPS – SHOWCASE OPENS & MOCS LEADERBOARD
Players looking to prove their mettle against the best players in Magic Online will want to use their QPs to enter Magic Online Champions Showcase (MOCS) events. MOCS is a set of linked tournaments designed to highlight the game's best players each season, culminating in the Champions Showcase and its prize pool of $70,000 and two invitations to the World Championship!
THE MOCS PATH
STEP 1 – Showcase Challenges & Last Chance Events
STEP 2 – Showcase Qualifiers
(This Page) FINAL STEPS – Showcase Opens & MOCS Leaderboard
DESTINATION – The Magic Online Champions Showcase
- Each event in Magic Online has a maximum number of players (as indicated below) and events at the end of each season are likely to have more players. Once an event fills, no further entries will be allowed, so plan your QP usage accordingly.
- Players must be at least age 13 to play Magic Online. Players under age 18 on the date of the qualifying event are permitted to win digital prizes but are ineligible to be awarded invitations to tabletop Premier Play events or the Magic Online Champions Showcase.
- Players already invited to the next Regional Championship or Pro Tour remain eligible to compete in Qualifiers, Super Qualifiers, and Champions Showcase events except as noted below.
- Should an already invited or ineligible player win a redundant Pro Tour invitation, that invite will pass down to the eligible player.
Unlike the multistep path shown on other pages, Showcase Opens allow anyone a final opportunity to earn an invitation to the Champions Showcase. Players don't need to earn points or another qualification to enter, and because these events are Sealed, players don't even need a deck.
The winner of each Open will get an invitation to the Showcase.
Start Times: As listed in the Premier Play Schedule
Format: As listed in the Premier Play Schedule
Product: 6 boosters of a recent Magic set, with 3 extra boosters for players in the Top 8 draft
Location: The Limited lobby under Premier Events
- 40 Event Tickets
- 400 Play Points
Size: 33–672 players
Play Style: Swiss, with a single-elimination Top 8
Duration: 20 minutes for deck building, then a number of rounds determined by entries, Swiss pairings, each round up to 50 minutes, followed by a single-elimination Top 8 draft
|1st||900 Play Points, 200 Treasure Chests, and 1 premium foil set*||None||Champions Showcase (MTGO) and an upcoming Pro Tour (Tabletop)|
|2nd||750 Play Points, 150 Treasure Chests, and 1 premium foil set*||8|
|3rd–4th||600 Play Points, 100 Treasure Chests, and 1 regular set*||7|
|5th–8th||450 Play Points, 50 Treasure Chests, and 1 regular set*||6|
|9th–16th||300 Play Points and 25 Treasure Chests||0|
|17th–32nd||300 Play Points and 15 Treasure Chests||0|
|33rd–64th||150 Play Points and 5 Treasure Chests||0|
*Set prizes contain one digital copy of each card in the main set of the most recent Standard-legal expansion
NOTE: The winner of the first Showcase Open is prohibited from entering that Season's second Showcase Open.
The Top 8 finishers of certain events that include playoff rounds earn Leaderboard Points. These appear as objects on your account (under the Trophies section of your Collection) and will be tracked publicly on this page.
Events that count for the Leaderboard are:
|SEASON||QUAL/SUPER Q/SHOWCASE CHALLENGES||SHOWCASE QUALIFIERS/OPENS|
|2022 Season 3||August 27-November 27, 2022||December 3-18, 2022|
|2023 Season 1||December 2, 2022-March 19, 2023||March 25-April 9, 2023|
|2023 Season 2||TBD||TBD|
|2023 Season 3||TBD||TBD|
Here is the distribution of Leaderboard Points by event type:
|EVENT||1st PLACE||2nd PLACE||3rd–4th PLACE||5th–8th PLACE|
Following the last Showcase Open of a Season, the two players with the most Leaderboard Points who are not already qualified will earn invitations to the Champions Showcase as well as an upcoming tabletop Pro Tour.
Ties for Leaderboard invitations will be broken as follows, in order:
- Most Top 8 finishes among events counting toward this Leaderboard
- Most Leaderboard Points earned in a single eligible event
- Most Qualifier Points earned during the Leaderboard's Season (e.g., for Season 1: November 30-March 29)
NOTE: If a Leaderboard invitee already holds an invitation to the next Pro Tour, that Leaderboard invitation will pass down to the next highest uninvited player on the Leaderboard. Regional Championship invitations that would become decoupled from a Pro Tour invitation do not pass down this way.
MTGO Premier Play Start Page
General Event Rules & Legal Information