Magic Online Weekly Announcements, November 8, 2022
Posted on Nov 08, 2022
The MTGO forums are live! Be sure to bookmark forums.mtgo.com and check back there for updates. (Login is the same as to enter the MTGO client).
This is the primary spot to file bug reports not affecting paid events, submit ideas to our Suggestions box, and to find the community for your preferred play style on MTGO.
Our latest set, The Brothers’ War, will be live soon. Check out the dedicated article to learn all about everything new with the release:
- The Brothers’ War boosters and Commander decks, plus the TRANSFORMERS Bundle – on-sale next Tuesday
- Updates to the MTGO Store
- Updates to Events
- Extension to existing Constructed Leagues to November 15
- Limited Leagues start next Tuesday (including a Best-of-One Draft League)
- Adjustments to some Standard, Vintage, and Pauper events
- Updates to Treasure Chests - adding 40 cards from the Commander backlog
- The latest suite of avatars
- Alternate Play Schedule – including Supreme Pioneer Chaos something or other …
- Downtime Tomorrow
Designed for players to get their start in the non-rotating Pioneer format, four pre-constructed decks go on-sale in the MTGO Store tomorrow following downtime. The choices are:
- Dimir Control
- Orzhov Humans
- Gruul Stompy
- Izzet Phoenix
- Due to Expressive Iteration’s ban in Pioneer, the MTGO version of Izzet Phoenix swaps in 1 Pieces of the Puzzle and 1 Fiery Impulse
Each deck sells for $24.99 and can be found in the Featured and For New Players tabs in the MTGO store once downtime is complete.
Our plane of fairy tales returns to the spotlight – the Throne of Eldraine Draft League starts tomorrow following downtime and lasts until Tuesday, November 15 at 10 a.m. Pacific time (18:00 UTC) - one day shorter than normal.
This is a keep-the-cards League, so it has the usual entry options of 12 Event Tickets, 120 Play Points, or 3 ELD boosters + 2 Event Tickets.
The annual spooky-themed Flashback to the plane of Innistrad is back – even if it’s a tad later than normal. Draft with classic build-arounds of Burning Vengeance and Spider Spawning, or embrace the transformational power of Werewolves.
This 3x Innistrad Phantom Draft League closes tomorrow at downtime, so be sure to get your games in before the League is gone!
Ready to earn your spot in the next round of tabletop Regional Championships? Your next chance to do so comes this weekend. Four qualifications are on the line between these two events:
- Pauper Qualifier – Saturday, November 12 at 7 a.m. PT (15:00 UTC)
- Vintage Qualifier – Sunday, November 13 at 7 a.m. PT (15:00 UTC)
Each Super Qualifier can be joined with 40 Season 3 Qualifier Points. The Top 2 finishers in each event earn an invitation to the Regional Championship served by their country of residence early next year.
Click the Premier Play Information link at the top of this Blog for full details.
Unfortunately, there are still delays in getting product to our facility and to get the process started for selling Dominaria United redemption sets. The estimated date the Tokens will be available in the MTGO Store is now Tuesday, November 29.
Follow us @MagicOnline or in the Forums for any updates to the on-sale date, and for those waiting to order, thank you for your patience.
Format Challenges are the first step toward qualifying for Premier Play through your favorite Magic formats and provide excellent prizes for those looking to test their mettle in their favorite formats. Learn more about Premier Play qualification to get started today.
Magic Online's Format Challenges run once on Saturdays and once on Sundays for each Constructed format! On weekends featuring Showcase Challenge events, the Format Challenge that starts at either 6 a.m., 8 a.m., or 10 a.m. Pacific time is pre-empted by the Showcase Challenge; Format Challenges scheduled at other times remain in place.
- Pauper and Vintage Challenges are never pre-empted.
- Saturday Legacy Challenges require 32 players and give prizes to Top 32.
- Sunday Legacy Challenges require 64 players and give prizes to Top 64.
New for Dominaria United—Limited Challenges! Get the full details on Limited Challenges in the Dominaria United article.
- 32-Player events are 6 rounds with no playoff and require 32 players to fire.
- 64-Player events are 7 rounds with no playoff and require 64 players to fire.
|12:00 a.m.||Vintage Challenge|
|1:00 a.m.||NEW! 32-Player Limited Challenge||NEW! 32-Player Limited Challenge|
|2:00 a.m.||Pauper Challenge|
|4:00 a.m.||32-Player Legacy Challenge||Modern Challenge|
|6:00 a.m.||Standard Challenge||Pioneer Challenge|
|8:00 a.m.||Modern Challenge||Legacy Challenge|
|10:00 a.m.||Vintage Challenge||Pauper Challenge|
|12:00 p.m.||NEW! Limited Challenge||NEW! Limited Challenge|
|2:00 p.m.||Pioneer Challenge||Standard Challenge|
Check out the Magic Online Format Challenges page for further event details.
- Bring to Light will correctly cast the exiled card without requiring a mana payment.
- Urza, Lord High Artificer will also correctly not require a mana payment to cast the exiled card (and allows alternative payments).
- In the Account Settings view, billing and shipping addresses will be hidden by default.
The next scheduled downtime is planned for Wednesday, November 9 beginning at 9 a.m. PT (17:00 UTC). This is for the implementation of The Brothers’ War – note that events including that set do not begin until November 15. Check out the dedicated article for more.