MAGIC ONLINE RELEASE & REDEMPTION
LAST UPDATED: February 27, 2024
Magic Online includes an innovative feature that allows players to redeem a complete set of digital cards for a complete set of physical cards, which will then be shipped to the address associated with the Magic Online account.
Below is a summary of current Magic Online redeemable products. Magic Online redemption sets are available while supplies last.
|Regular Redemption Sets Available
|Premium Redemption Sets Available
|1 to 281
|The Brothers' War
|1 to 287
|Phyrexia: All Will Be One
|1 to 271
|March of the Machine
|1 to 291
|Wilds of Eldraine
|1 to 276
|Very Low Stock - 10% of Stock Remains
|The Lost Caverns of Ixalan
|1 to 291
|Low Stock - 20% of Stock Remains
|30% of Stock Remains
|Murders at Karlov Manor
|1 to 286
|On Sale March 6
|On Sale March 6
As a general rule, Magic Online sets will be available for redemption roughly one month after they are released.
Please note: If you receive a full set as a prize that you wish to redeem, you will need to open that set before placing a redemption order.
In order to participate in the redemption feature and redeem a Magic Online card set, the following restrictions apply:
For orders made on or after 5/23/2023, Redemption Request purchases are non-refundable.
- You must have an active Magic Online account that is in good standing with Daybreak.
- You must have at least one of every card in the set you are trying to redeem in your collection. Please note that only full sets can be redeemed. Collections, decks, and Individual cards cannot be redeemed.
- Only cards in the Main Set component (the Collector Numbers listed above) are redeemable. Bonus sheets are not redeemable.
- All cards must be regular to redeem a regular set.
- All cards must be premium to redeem a premium (foil) set.
- For The Lost Caverns of Ixalan, standard-frame basic lands are neither required for nor included in the redemption set.
- Redemption is only available in countries that are supported in the Magic Online Store.
- The shipping address for all Redemption Requests must be located in the same country as the billing address.
- Redemption Requests for a set will generally be available within one month of the digital set’s release.
- Sets are redeemable for a limited time. Sets that are no longer available for redemption cannot be redeemed. Daybreak may change the redemption duration of any set and will give reasonable notice when doing so. Daybreak is not responsible if you fail to redeem a set before it runs out of stock.
- In order to redeem a Magic Online set, it must be eligible for redemption which can be found here. You will need to purchase a Redemption Request for each set you want to redeem from the Magic Online Store.
- You are responsible for all shipping and handling costs, taxes, and duties associated with purchasing and shipping your set to you. If you have additional questions about redemption shipping and handling, click here.
- All Magic Online redemptions are final. Once the cards are removed from your account, the order cannot be reversed and you will not be refunded for your redemption order. Redeemed cards cannot be returned to your Magic Online account for any reason.
- Redemption Requests will be processed every Tuesday morning between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. PT after your purchase, but can take an additional 10 or more days to process. Successfully redeemed sets will be shipped as soon as possible after the Tuesday in which they were processed. Shipments can take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
- If a Redemption Request fails twice (either because you do not have the cards in your account or your shipping address is not in the same country as your billing address), your Redemption Request will be cancelled and you will be refunded within 28 days of the last failed request.
- Once redeemed, a physical card set cannot be returned or exchanged. If you receive the wrong redemption set or your redemption set is damaged, please view our Replacement Policy below or contact our Game Support team.
- Daybreak is not responsible for replacing lost or stolen sets.
- There is currently no limit to the number of sets you can redeem, although Daybreak reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
- Daybreak reserves the right to change any portion of the Magic Online Redemption Policy at any time and without notice.
Shipping & Handling
Magic Online Redemption Requests will be processed every Tuesday morning between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. PT after your purchase. This process can take 10 or more days to complete, so please make sure you leave at least one copy of each card in the set you are trying to redeem in your Magic Online account until your Redemption Request is processed.
After the Redemption Requests are processed, they will be sent to the warehouse for fulfillment. Redemption orders will either be shipped via Fedex Economy or United States Postal Service, depending on your shipping address. Please note that your shipping address must be in the same country as your billing address or your redemption order will not ship. Please allow up to 3-5 weeks for delivery.
There are four categories of charges for Magic Online Redemptions: handling fee, shipping fee, taxes, and customs/import duties. These fees may vary depending on where the redeemed physical sets are being shipped.
- Handling Fee: We charge $35.00 handling per set redeemed. This charge is the same for domestic U.S. orders and International' orders.
- Shipping Fee: We have two different shipping rates depending on your shipping address, $10.00 for orders shipped within the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) and $35.00 for orders shipped Internationally (all non-U.S. locations, including Canada and Mexico). These shipping rates are charge per set ordered.
- Taxes: You will be charged the appropriate sales tax or VAT for your billing location. These rates are set by appropriate state and/or country and do apply to service charges, such as handling fees. Unfortunately, Daybreak cannot control those tax rates and is legally required to charge them.
- Customs/lmport Duties: Some products are subject to customs or import duties and taxes when imported from the United States. These costs will not show up in your Magic Online transaction, but are assessed by your local or national government as part of the importing process. Whether or not duty and tax are applicable is dependent on a variety of factors, including item type, value, and the country where it was manufactured. The duty and tax rates are dependent on your country's duty and import laws and can be calculated as either a percentage of the customs value of goods or on the basis of the quantity of goods.
If you are charged taxes or duty, the charge is coming from your local government customs office. Daybreak has no control over these charges, and since the customs rules can be complex, we can neither tell you if duty charges will apply to your set redemption nor what the duty charges might be. Furthermore, it is your responsibility to ensure the item can be legally imported into your country. Please contact your local customs office for further information.
As part of your potential duty calculations, Daybreak declares a fair value for any product we ship irrespective of where in the world this product is shipped. Each Magic Online redeemed set is assigned a declared value of $50.00 USD plus the set's handling fee ($35.00 USD). Your local or national tax authority may assess additional value or fees against the shipment if they disagree with the declared value. Any subsequent taxes or duties levied against the shipment, including VAT, are the responsibility of the person receiving the goods.
If you have questions regarding what sets can be redeemed, see the schedule above.
Note: Since there can be a significant delay between the time you purchase your Redemption Request and when it is shipped, we cannot automatically provide you with a tracking number for your Redemption Requests. Once your Redemption Request has successfully processed, you may contact Daybreak Game Support and we will provide your tracking number as soon as possible.
All Magic Online redemptions are final. Once the cards are removed from your account, the order cannot be reversed and you will not be refunded for your redemption order. Redeemed cards cannot be returned to your Magic Online account for any reason.
If you receive the wrong redemption set or your redemption set is damaged, you will need to file a replacement claim using the guidelines listed below:
- Daybreak only offers replacements for redemption sets that are damaged or defective when purchased or due to shipping problems. We cannot replace products damaged due to use.
- Damaged or defective redemption sets can only be replaced and cannot be exchanged for alternate sets.
- Daybreak cannot accept any replacement requests more than 60 days after the redemption set was shipped.
- Daybreak is not responsible for replacing lost or stolen sets.
If your redemption set is damaged or defective, please contact Daybreak Game Support to determine the best course of action. Daybreak reserves the right to deny replacement requests and/or shipping reimbursement at our discretion. Please note that cards with minor defects or imperfections inherent in the redemption set printing, collating, and packing process are not considered damaged and will not be eligible for replacement.
When contacting Game Support please include the following information:
- First and last name
- Magic Online Login name
- E-mail address associated with your Magic Online account
- Order number
- Redemption set(s)
- Reason for replacement or description of damage